[DRBD-user] Proxmox5.2-12 + latest linstor drbdadm --config-to-exclude error

Julien Escario julien.escario at altinea.fr
Mon Dec 3 10:06:16 CET 2018

Le 03/12/2018 à 09:47, Roland Kammerer a écrit :
> On Fri, Nov 30, 2018 at 12:46:08PM +0300, Max O.Kipytkov wrote:
>>
>>     The external command sent the follwing error information:
>>     drbdadm: unrecognized option '--config-to-exclude'
>>     try 'drbdadm help'
>
> Did you load a DRBD9 kernel module or an older 8.4 one that is shipped
> with you kernel? (cat /proc/drbd). Load a DRBD9 one.

I just had the same eror a few days ago : your loaded drbd kernel is the
default one included in pve-kernel package.

Simply :
rmmod drbd
modprobe drbd

And your setup will be fine. Just reboot in order to be sure the correct
module is loaded at boot.

Still, I don't really understand why the kernel persist to load the 8.4
module, even after installing drbd-dkms module and multiple restart.

Best regards,
Julien