[DRBD-user] Resource is 'Blocked: upper'

Julien Escario julien.escario at altinea.fr
Mon Aug 27 17:01:52 CEST 2018

Hello,
We're stuck in a strange situation. One of our ressources is marked as :
volume 0 (/dev/drbd155): UpToDate(normal disk state) Blocked: upper

I used drbdtop to get this info because drbdadm hangs.

I can also see a drbdsetup process blocked :
drbdsetup disk-options 155 --set-defaults --read-balancing=prefer-local
--al-extents=6481 --al-updates=no --md-flushes=no

And disks are ok. Some other resources wroking 'fine' are stored on the same ZFS
pool.

zpool status returns all disk as fine also.

But, here, the problem is that (probably) due to this drbdsetup process,
.drbdctrl volume is held as primary.
We rebooted the other node but it can't configure his ressources because (I
think), he can't manage to get lock on .drbdctrl volume.

I know, it's drbdmanage, old technology, etc ... but I would like to know how I
can get rid of this 'blocked' state without reboot.
I've the premonition that it could be useful with linstor too in a near future.

Any low level command to reset this state and shutdown the resource to unblock
the whole think ?

Best regards,
Julien