[DRBD-user] Linstor | Failed to restore snapshot

Robert Altnoeder robert.altnoeder at linbit.com
Fri Aug 24 14:27:09 CEST 2018

On 08/24/2018 02:07 PM, Yannis Milios wrote:
> [...]
>
> When trying to restore the snapshot from the command line to a new
> resource (vm-120-disk-1), as described in the documentation,
> I'm getting the error below...
>
> [...]
>
>     Error message:
>       Snapshot origin LV vm-122-disk-1_00000_snap_vm-122-disk-1_snap1
> not found in Volume group drbdpool.
>

> ...Where the actual snapshot name in the drbdpool VG is (note the two
> 00 instead of four above):
>
> LV Name    vm-122-disk-1_00_snap_vm-122-disk-1_snap1
>
> Could this be a bug ?

All those names seem suspicious. We will check whether there is a
rationale for this format or the names got messed up somehow. The _00
volume number is certainly suspicious too. Drbdmanage used to expand
single-digit volume numbers to 2 digits, whereas LINSTOR was supposed to
always use 5 digit volume numbers (this was done so that other software
could easily sort backend volume storage names created by LINSTOR).

br,
Robert