[DRBD-user] linstor: move controller to another node

Robert Altnoeder robert.altnoeder at linbit.com
Fri Aug 24 10:58:14 CEST 2018

On 08/24/2018 10:36 AM, Roberto Resoli wrote:
> Now that I migrated from drbdmanage to linstor, I am curious about how
> to move the controller service from one node to another.
>
> Is the following procedure correct for moving it from node A to B?
>
> 1) Stop and disable controller service on node A
>
> 2) Copy configuration (/etc/linstor) and db (/var/lib/linstor) from A
> to B
>
> 3) Install and enable controller service on node B

That should work. In general, the controller only needs the database and
some basic configuration information to figure out how to connect to it.

Unless you have changed some critical information inside the database,
such as e.g. the bind address of one of LINSTOR's NetCom services, to
something that is node-specific, you should not need to change anything
else when you move the controller.

br,
Robert