[DRBD-user] Linstor | Peer's disk size too small

Yannis Milios yannis.milios at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 08:54:50 CEST 2018

Hello,

Trying to create a new resource by using Linstor, on a 3 node cluster. Two
of the nodes are using LVM thin as storage backend and one of them is using
ZFS.

I created a test RD, then a VD with a size of 10GB. Then, I create the
resource on the LVM backed nodes by using 'linstor r c <node1> test' and
'linstor r c <node2> test' and the command succeeds.
However, when I do the same for the 3rd node (ZFS backed), it hangs forever
and I have to issue ctrl-c to cancel the operation.If I add the '--async'
option, it succeeds and I can see that the ZVOL is created for the
requested resource, but when observing the resource via drbdtop, the 3rd
node does not sync properly with the other two.
On the dmesg log in drbdtop for this resource I get the following (pve3 is
the 3rd node):
"[81307.730199] drbd test/0 drbd1000 pve3: The peer's disk size is too
small! (20971520 < 20975152 sectors)

This is reproducible in all my attempts to create any random resource on
the 3rd node. Could this be happening due to the alignment issues that
Robert mentioned on the previous post?

For now, the workaround for me has been to create the resources on LVM
backed nodes, leaving the 3rd node (ZFS) as a diskless node.
When I was using drbdmanage for managing the same cluster, I never had this
problem.

Any suggestions ?

Regards,
Yannis