[DRBD-user] Extent XXX beyond end of bitmap!

Oleksiy Evin o.evin at onefc.com
Tue Aug 14 10:25:45 CEST 2018

LVM is fine and I'm able to directly mount the volume on both nodes. Initially that's happened on the primary node when I had to forcibly reboot due to some unrelated to DRBD hung process. Then after the second node restart this error is propagated to the second node. So finally I got 2 Diskless nodes without any way to either discard the latest activity log nor attach it without applying the logs first.
kmod-drbd84: 8.4.11drbd84-utils: 9.3.1CentOS: 7.5-1804 	3.10.0-862
Nothing in logs except apply_al error:
 ../shared/drbdmeta.c:2279:apply_al: ASSERT(bm_pos - bm_on_disk_pos <= chunk - extents_size) failed.
-----Original Message-----From: Yannis Milios <yannis.milios at gmail.com>To: Oleksiy Evin <o.evin at onefc.com>Cc: drbd-user at lists.linbit.comSubject: Re: [DRBD-user] Extent XXX beyond end of bitmap!Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2018 09:02:40 +0100
Does this happen on both nodes? What’s the status of the backing device (lvm) ? Can you post the exact versions for both kernel module and utils? Any clue in the logs?
On Tue, 14 Aug 2018 at 06:57, Oleksiy Evin <o.evin at onefc.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have DRBD 8.4 over LVM volume setup on CentOS7.
>
> After a forcibly rebooted both nodes we've got DRBD resources in a Diskless state and unable to attach any of it or make it primary.
>
> # drbd-overview
> 0:master-drbd/0  Connected Secondary/Secondary Diskless/Diskless
>
> # drbdadm attach all
> extent 19136522 beyond end of bitmap!
> extent 19143798 beyond end of bitmap!
> extent 19151565 beyond end of bitmap!
>

> ../shared/drbdmeta.c:2279:apply_al: ASSERT(bm_pos - bm_on_disk_pos <= chunk - extents_size) failed.
>
> I've tried to invalidate or connect discarding the data (drbdadm connect --discard-my-data all), nothing helped.
>
> I suppose that this is some corruption happened with activity log. Is there any way to resolve/discard the latest changes to make the resource up to date?
> Regards,

--Sent from Gmail Mobile