[DRBD-user] drbdmanage-proxmox v2.0

Roland Kammerer roland.kammerer at linbit.com
Wed Sep 20 09:35:31 CEST 2017

On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 05:26:02PM +0100, Yannis Milios wrote:
> > I would also like to ask you as community which features you would like
> > to see in future releases.
>
> * I guess integrating a simple 'cluster health status' page in PVE gui
> is not a part of your development, right ?  I mean something like
> showing the output of 'drbdadm status' or 'drbd-overview' in the gui.

It certainly was not and I'm not sure how this would work for an
external plugin. So far I did not see any hooks where a custom plugin
could realize that functionality. (Not saying it does not exist, but I
could not find it). So if there is some other "Custom" directory like
"PVE/Storage/Custom", then it would be easy. But I really do not intend
to modify/divert existing files in the proxmox packages (besides what we
already did to get our plugin to Custom). Modifying files that don't
belong to you is bad style from a packaging perspective and we had our
fair share of "political discussions" ;-). Actually, I also would not be
happy if someone diverts files in our packages...

So, if there is a non-intrusive way to expose that information I did not
find so far, fine. Otherwise I don't see that happen, sorry.

Regards, rck