[DRBD-user] 8.4 Centos 7.4 support

Ken Bass kbass at kenbass.com
Fri Sep 15 00:04:38 CEST 2017

I have seen a few messages in the archive suggestion that people with
simple 2 node pacemaker configurations that already work have no need to
transition to 9.0. While the latest 9.0.9-1 release compile for the
Centos/RHEL 7.4 kernel, the 8.4 source has not been updated.

/opt/rpmbuild/BUILD/drbd-8.4.10-1/obj/default/drbd_bitmap.c:1049:3:
error: too few arguments to function 'submit_bio'

Maybe the same COMPAT_NEED_BI_OPF_AND_SUBMIT_BIO_COMPAT_DEFINES could be
ported to get 8.4 working too? Is this something linbit intends to
update so 8.4 can continue to be used on the newer kernels?

I have started upgrading my 2 nodes to 9.0, but then saw a common theme
in many messages about sticking with 8.4, so I thought I would report / ask.