[DRBD-user] Receiving a message "disk size of peer is too small"

Yannis Milios yannis.milios at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 11:31:48 CEST 2017

On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 1:50 AM, José Andrés Matamoros Guevara <
amatamoros at ie-networks.com> wrote:

> I have two different servers with drbd replication. One disk failed in one
> of the servers. I have replaced it with a newer disk with physical sector
> size of 4096 bytes. The old one is 512 bytes.

That shouldn't matter..

> Now, I’m receiving a message saying “the disk size of peer is too small”
> and the resources don’t connect. If both disks are of the same size, is
> there any configuration I can make to make it work?

Depends how DRBD resource has been configured. Can you provide the .res
files ?

> I’m pasting the fdisk print information of both disks. Can I create a
> partition of the same size in the new disk? What can I do to solve this
> problem?

If the DRBD resource is configured to use partitions instead of a full
disk, then yes you need to create an equal or bigger partition on the new
disk (destionation).

Yannis