[DRBD-user] DRBD over ZFS - or the other way around?

Gionatan Danti g.danti at assyoma.it
Wed Sep 6 15:32:08 CEST 2017

Hi,

On 06/09/2017 13:28, Jan Schermer wrote:
> Not sure you can mount snapshot (I always create a clone).

the only difference is that snapshots are read-only, while clones are
read-write. This is why I used the "-o ro,norecovery" option while
mounting XFS.

> However I never saw anything about “drbd” filesystem - what distribution is this? Apparently it tries to be too clever…

It is a CentOS 7.3 x86_64. Actually, I *really* like what the mount
command is doing: by checking at the device end and discovering the DRBD
metadata, it prevent accidental double mounts of the main (DRBD-backing)
block device.

I was only wondering if it is something that only happens to me, or it
is "normal" to specify the mounting filesystem when using snapshot
volumes with DRBD.

Regards.

--
Danti Gionatan