[DRBD-user] [DRBD] DRBD resource works until fence is used

Octavian Ciobanu coctavian1979 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 4 17:17:35 CEST 2017

Hello Lars,

I've stopped the cluster, made changes based on your suggestion but I when
I manually issue the command "drbdadm up ClusterDisk" on one of the nodes I
get the following error :

drbd.d/ClusterDisk.res:21: Parse error: 'resync-rate | c-plan-ahead |
c-delay-target | c-fill-target | c-max-rate | c-min-rate | bitmap' expected,
    but got 'fencing'

Line 21 is "fencing resource-only;" line

The global_common.conf is empty

Here is the ClusterDisk.res file

global {
    usage-count no;
}

resource ClusterDisk {
    protocol C;
    device /dev/drbd0;
    disk /dev/sdb;
    meta-disk internal;

    on storage01 {
        address 10.0.20.1:7790;
    }

    on storage02 {
        address 10.0.20.2:7790;
    }

    disk {
        fencing resource-only;
        al-extents 6007;
        disk-barrier no;
        disk-flushes no;
        md-flushes no;
        resync-rate 110M;
        c-max-rate 110M;
        c-min-rate 10M;
        c-fill-target 24M;

        on-io-error detach;

    }

    handlers {
        fence-peer "/usr/lib/drbd/crm-fence-peer.9.sh"
        unfence-peer "/usr/lib/drbd/crm-unfence-peer.9.sh"
    }

    net {
        csums-alg md5;
        verify-alg md5;
        max-buffers    36k;
        max-epoch-size 20000;
        sndbuf-size 1024k;
        rcvbuf-size 2048k;
    }
}

here is output of drbdadm --version

DRBDADM_BUILDTAG=GIT-hash:\ 98b6340c328b763a11c6fb63a6dc340722621ac2\
build\ by\ mockbuild@\,\ 2017-06-12\ 12:17:40
DRBDADM_API_VERSION=2
DRBD_KERNEL_VERSION_CODE=0x090008
DRBD_KERNEL_VERSION=9.0.8
DRBDADM_VERSION_CODE=0x090000
DRBDADM_VERSION=9.0.0

The path to fence-peer and unfence-peer scripts is valid and the scripts
are there.

Without the fence lines it works.

Best regards and thank you for info.