[DRBD-user] Suggestion for Storage-Plugin

Frank Rust f.rust at tu-braunschweig.de
Fri Sep 1 09:57:36 CEST 2017

Hi all,
I’m not sure, if this is the correct mailing list to make a suggestion for a new storage plugin (or an extension to the existing LVM-plugin).

I have nodes with 12 disks each creating the drbdpool volume group. This could give me the opportunity to create LVMs in stripes to get a higher overall throughput.

My very simple solution to get striped LVMs was to create a renamed copy of the lvm storage plugin (lvm12s.py), and simply modify the lvm creation command to

                  self._cmd_create, "--stripes", "12", "--stripesize", "64", "-n", lv_name, "-L", str(size) + "k",
instead of
                self._cmd_create, "-n", lv_name, "-L", str(size) + "k",

and of course adding this to plugins.py and to the cluster config.

I would suggest to implement a flexible method to create such striped LVMs.

Best regards,
Frank