[DRBD-user] query regarding existing data replication

Yannis Milios yannis.milios at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 13:24:22 CEST 2017

If you mean that you want to preserve your existing data, then yes it's
possible. Read carefully this section in documentation:

http://docs.linbit.com/docs/users-guide-8.4/#s-prepare-storage

...and specifically the section  "It is not necessary for this storage area
to be empty before you create a DRBD resource from it. In fact it is a
common use case to create a two-node cluster from a previously
non-redundant single-server system using DRBD (some caveats apply — please
refer to DRBD meta data if you are planning to do this)."

Yannis