[DRBD-user] Cancelling pending actions

Roberto Resoli roberto at resolutions.it
Thu Oct 5 08:49:31 CEST 2017

Il 04/10/2017 12:37, Martyn Spencer ha scritto:
> Hi Jay,
>
> Thank you for your very detailed notes - they are very helpful. Out of
> interest, is using cat /proc/drbd still useful with drbd 9? Would
> watching drbdsetup status be the preferred equivalent now?

You can use this for "old-style" monitoring of drbd9 connections to
${node_name}, related to ${resource_name}:

cat
/sys/kernel/debug/drbd/resources/${resource_name}/connections/${node_name}/0/proc_drbd

Personally, I use this simple script (watch-ing it) for monitoring
connections to other nodes (in a three nodes cluster):

===== proc_drbd.sh =====
#!/bin/bash

if [ $# -ne 1 ]; then
	echo "Usage: $0 <resource>"
	exit 1
fi

resource_name=$1

for i in {1..3}; do
	node_name="pve${i}"
	[ "$node_name" != "$HOSTNAME" ] && \
		echo -n "$node_name: " && cat
/sys/kernel/debug/drbd/resources/${resource_name}/connections/${node_name}/0/proc_drbd
|| \
		echo "$node_name: *this node*"
done
=========

Anyway, the recommended "modern" way is

watch -c drbdsetup status vm-100-disk-2 --color=always --verbose
--statistics

-c and --color=always preserves colors
--verbose --statistics are useful exposing more detailed status (such as
out of sync blocks)

rob