[DRBD-user] DRBD9 with PVE4.4, failure to restore VMs

Roberto Resoli roberto at resolutions.it
Sat Mar 25 11:39:27 CET 2017

Il 25/03/2017 11:02, Den ha scritto:
> Hi,

Hi Den,

> I'm testing a 3 node cluster, fresh installed with linbit repo for pve
> with last versions

Me too (even if mine is not fresh installed ;-) )

> I have configured LVM as backend storage and set redundancy to 1 for now.

Do you mean LVL or LVM-thin ?

> So when I create a VM on node1, for example, could happen that the resource
> is allocated on node2 and i get a diskless resource on node1, but this
> not seem to be a problem.

It is, if it is not intended for pve1 to be a satellite node. Diskless
is not a normal condition.

> The problem is restoring adn creating VMs,

I had a similar problem few days ago, try the workaround that Yannis
provided me on this list:

http://lists.linbit.com/pipermail/drbd-user/2017-March/023108.html

> here some log:

> 1) restoring a VM on pve215

It seems that restore is being attempted and fails because it is
Diskless (no backing device)

> 2) restoring a VM on pve215

What is the difference between 1) and 2) ? If you tried 2 after 1), it
seems that storage is still locked because of former failed attempt.

> 3)
> If I try to create a new VM, often happens that drbdmanage miss something:
>
> root at pve214:~# drbdmanage list-assignments
> +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
>
> | Node   | Resource      | Vol ID |                                    |
> State |
>
> | pve216 | vm-102-disk-1 |      * |
> |         pending actions: commission |
> | pve216 | vm-102-disk-1 |      0 |                                    |
> pending actions: commission, attach |

Same happens to me, see:

http://lists.linbit.com/pipermail/drbd-user/2017-March/023117.html

rob