[DRBD-user] DRBD9 kernel module on PVE5 beta

Yannis Milios yannis.milios at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 12:27:56 CET 2017

Hello,

Proxmox has just released PVE5 beta. On this version they have removed
DRBD9 kernel module from their kernel and have replaced it with DRBD 8.4.7
instead.
They said that DRBD9 kernel module is supported via DKMS, however I tried
to install it yesterday by using Linbit's PVE4 repo but it failed to build.
Any chance to upgrade PVE repo to 5 and DRBD9 kernel module so we can test?

Thanks

Logs:
====

root at pve5-node3:~# apt show drbd-dkms
Package: drbd-dkms
Version: 9.0.6+linbit-1
Section: admin
Source: drbd
Maintainer: DRBD dev <drbd-dev at lists.linbit.com>
Installed-Size: 1,502 kB
Provides: drbd-dkms
Depends: debhelper (>= 7), dkms (>= 2.1.0.0), drbd-utils (>= 8.9.9)
Conflicts: drbd-module-source, drbd8-module-source
Replaces: drbd-module-source
Homepage: http://www.drbd.org
Download-Size: 290 kB
APT-Manual-Installed: yes
APT-Sources: http://packages.linbit.com/proxmox proxmox-4/drbd-9.0 amd64
Packages
 DRBD is a block device which is designed to build high availability
 clusters by providing a virtual shared device which keeps disks in
 nodes synchronised using TCP/IP. This simulates RAID 1 but avoiding
 the use of uncommon hardware (shared SCSI buses or Fibre Channel).
 It is currently limited to fail-over HA clusters.
 .
 This package contains the source code for the DRBD kernel module.

root at pve5-node3:~# apt install drbd-dkms
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
  drbd-dkms
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 5 not upgraded.
Need to get 0 B/290 kB of archives.
After this operation, 1,502 kB of additional disk space will be used.
Selecting previously unselected package drbd-dkms.
(Reading database ... 66420 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../drbd-dkms_9.0.6+linbit-1_all.deb ...
Unpacking drbd-dkms (9.0.6+linbit-1) ...
Setting up drbd-dkms (9.0.6+linbit-1) ...
Building for 4.10.1-2-pve
Building initial module for 4.10.1-2-pve
Error! Bad return status for module build on kernel: 4.10.1-2-pve (x86_64)
Consult /var/lib/dkms/drbd/9.0.6+linbit-1/build/make.log for more
information.