[DRBD-user] DRBD install failure

Devin Vance devin at linbit.com
Mon Mar 13 23:41:09 CET 2017

On 03/10/2017 01:01 PM, Chintala, Giri wrote:
> Hi,
>
>      I am trying build drbd rpm from tar ball
> <https://www.drbd.org/download/drbd/9.0/drbd-9.0.6-1.tar.gz> and install
> in Amazon Linux based ec2-instance. I am able to successfully build it
> and getting the following error on RPM installation.
>

> Can you please help me with this issue?
>

> rpm -Uvh
> /root/rpmbuild/RPMS/x86_64/kmod-drbd-9.0.6_4.4.44_39.55.amzn1.x86_64-1.amzn1.x86_64.rpm

<snip>

I would suspect that the package was probably built against the wrong
kernel. Can you confirm that the system you're trying to install this on
is indeed running the '4.4.44_39.55.amzn1.x86_64' kernel?

Was this built on the system you're trying to install it on or somewhere
else? Could you perhaps go into a bit more detail regarding your build
process and environment?

Best regards,
Devin