[DRBD-user] Proxmox VE 4.x DRBD 9 plugin - how is it supposed to work?

Sean M. Pappalardo spappalardo at renegadetech.com
Wed Mar 1 23:13:38 CET 2017

On 03/01/2017 12:41 AM, Roland Kammerer wrote:
>> On 02/28/2017 12:44 AM, Roland Kammerer wrote:
>>> Yes it uses dual-primary, only during the migration. From what we saw it
>>> works reasonably well in these scenarios.
>>
>> Any risk of data loss? I plan to use this in production, though don't
>> plan on live-migrating VMs often.
>
> Sorry, but how do you expect me to answer such a question?

I was just looking for more on what you meant by "reasonably well."

Did that mean "live migration works sometimes, but when it fails, the VM
just stays where it is" or more like "sometimes live migration fails and
you get split-brain or lose the contents of the DRBD resource when it does"?

Sincerely,
Sean M. Pappalardo