[DRBD-user] Discarding device blocks very slow

Robert Altnoeder robert.altnoeder at linbit.com
Mon Jul 31 10:28:36 CEST 2017

On 07/31/2017 09:46 AM, Eric Robinson wrote:

> When I create a filesystem on an LVM logical volume on a drbd device,
> I see “Discarding device blocks.” I wouldn’t think that discards would
> be replicated, but it is going super slow. I mean SUPER slow. Discards
> normally go a 100 times faster. Are discards replicated across the
> network for some reason?

Obviously. If a block is discarded locally, the same change has to be
applied to the replica, otherwise a read from the same block on both
systems can yield different results.

--
Robert Altnoeder
+43 1 817 82 92 0
robert.altnoeder at linbit.com

LINBIT | Keeping The Digital World Running
DRBD - Corosync - Pacemaker
f / t / in / g+