[DRBD-user] BUG: drbd_transport_tcp not getting updated

Dominic Pratt dmp at zmt.info
Thu Jul 20 10:37:40 CEST 2017

Good morning from Germany,

we're experiencing some trouble with the drbd_transport_tcp module which is not getting updated after updating from DRBD8 to DRBD9 (on a Proxmox-Cluster).

Building initial module for 4.4.59-1-pve
Done.

drbd:
Running module version sanity check.
- Original module
- Installation
   - Installing to /lib/modules/4.4.59-1-pve/updates/dkms/

drbd_transport_tcp.ko:
Running module version sanity check.
Error! Module version 1.0.0 for drbd_transport_tcp.ko
is not newer than what is already found in kernel 4.4.59-1-pve (1.0.0).
You may override by specifying --force.

depmod......

DKMS: install completed.

The result of this is, that this DRBD-Node can't connect to the existing DRBD-cluster.

FIX

To fix this behaviour, we're running

dkms uninstall drbd/9.0.8+linbit-1
dkms install drbd/9.0.8+linbit-1 -force

on that node and then that node can connect to the cluster just fine.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Dominic Pratt
Produkt- und Softwareentwicklung

---
Besuchen Sie unsere neue Webseite! www.zmt.info

[Logo schwarz weiss - side-by-side - vorlage logo_ohne2]

Zengel Medizintechnik GmbH
Am Hahnenbusch 14b
55268 Nieder-Olm

Dominic Pratt