[DRBD-user] crm-fence-peer.sh did not place the constraint!

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Tue Jul 18 10:53:17 CEST 2017

On Sun, Jul 16, 2017 at 11:14:12PM +0200, ArekW wrote:
>Hi,
>On a 2 node cluster when I do a failover test I get messages in logs
>on the healthy node:

> crm-fence-peer.sh[32094]: WARNING could not
> determine my disk state: did not place the constraint!
>
> The stonith resets the failed node but the drbd can not get up. Above
> massage appears every few seconds.

>    fence-peer "/usr/lib/drbd/crm-fence-peer.sh --timeout 30 --dc-timeout 60";

With DRBD 9, you want to use
fence-peer "/usr/lib/drbd/crm-fence-peer.9.sh --timeout 30 --dc-timeout 60";

"some day" these handlers will be merged again,
but for now, the .9. one contains so many changes wrt.
the well established known good field tested one,
that I did not want to risk breaking that,
and instead put this into a new file.

Should have been in the release notes, no?

Also, if you intend to run a two-node HA cluster,
why not simply stay with 8.4.
In that scenario, there is currently nothing to gain from 9,
and since 8.4 can optimize some situations (it "knows" there can
only be one peer), it will even give better performance sometimes.

--
: Lars Ellenberg
: LINBIT | Keeping the Digital World Running

DRBD® and LINBIT® are registered trademarks of LINBIT
__
please don't Cc me, but send to list -- I'm subscribed