[DRBD-user] Confusion about DRBD 9

Roland Kammerer roland.kammerer at linbit.com
Wed Jul 12 09:47:58 CEST 2017

On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 09:19:54PM +0000, Eric Robinson wrote:

> 1.       When you use drbdmanage to configure a cluster, does it
> create configuration files somewhere? I don't see my resources
> mentioned in the files under /etc/drbd.d or /var/lib/drbd.d.

Should be in /var/lib/drbd.d/drbdmanage_<resource>.res

> 2.       When I run drbdmanage modify-config all I see is a file with
> all lines commented out.

If you use plain LVM, that is fine.

> 3.       drbdmanage -list-assignments shows failed or pending actions.

That requires log files to make assumptions.

> 4.       What's the point of using drbdmanage if I'm going to have to
> do the old-style manual configuration anyway?

You should not have to. If you want the old way, then there is no point
in using drbdmanage. If you don't use something like the openstack
cinder driver that uses drbdmanage as backend and you just have a
handful of resources doing it the old way is an option.

Regards, rck