[DRBD-user] ocf:linbit:drbd: DRBD Split-Brain not detected in non standard setup

Dr. Volker Jaenisch volker.jaenisch at inqbus.de
Sat Feb 25 13:42:43 CET 2017

Hi Igor!

Am 25.02.2017 um 08:32 schrieb Igor Cicimov:
> fencing resource-and-stonith
What will be the result of setting this parameter? I guess that in this
case the peer node is stontith'ed.

7

Peer node was successfully fenced off the cluster. This should never
occur unless |fencing| is set to |resource-and-stonith| for the affected
resource.

https://www.drbd.org/en/doc/users-guide-84/s-fence-peer

But this is not what we like to happen in this case. In the case of
communication breakdown of DRBD but still a connection between the
corosync nodes, we would like the cluster nodes :
1) to remain in their state,
2) prevent DRBD from failover,
3) Indicate that the DRBD connection is broken
4) wait for reestablishing of the connection and resync the drbd after,
5) allow failover again.

From this fairly long wishlist in our case:
1) Works
2) Works (Rule prevents failover)
3) Works not
4) Works not
5) Works (after manually initiating the reconnect, since 4 does not
work.)(Rule is removed)

I currently found a glitch in our IPaddr2-Configuration that leads to a
wrong set route for the drbd-IP in case of a bond0 down/up case.
This could explain 4). I will investigate further and come back to you.

Thanks alot for your input leading me to this network problem!

Cheers,

Volker

   inqbus Scientific Computing    Dr.  Volker Jaenisch
   Richard-Strauss-Straße 1       +49(08861) 690 474 0
   86956 Schongau-West            http://www.inqbus.de