[DRBD-user] DBUS error

jan.zeller at id.unibe.ch jan.zeller at id.unibe.ch
Fri Feb 24 14:00:06 CET 2017

Dear list,

i am unfortunately unable to use DRBD9 in a very simple setup.

I tried to use it with Ubuntu 16.04 (ppa) & Debian GNU/Linux 8.7 (jessie) (git) on KVM.

Everytime I try to join a node I receive

ERROR:dbus.proxies:Introspect error on :1.3:/interface: dbus.exceptions.DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
Waiting for server: ......
Operation completed successfully

Despite the 'Operation completed successfully' message it seems to be unhealthy.

root at drbd9-4:~# drbdmanage list-nodes
+----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Name    | Pool Size | Pool Free |                                              | State |
| drbd9-5 |   unknown |   unknown |                                              |    ok |
| drbd9-4 |      4088 |      4080 |                                              |    ok |

(no firewall, tcp/ip connection ok)

The only thing I did is to follow the instructions on http://www.drbd.org/en/doc/users-guide-90/s-dm-add-node
So how can I fix this problem ?

kind regards,