[DRBD-user] VirtualBox VM backup & restore using DRBD

Raman Gupta ramangupta16 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 18:30:55 CET 2017

Hi All,

I want to understand that, can DRBD be used for replicating and restoring
VirtualBox VM onto a secondary node in a 1+1 HA cluster? I think that if
virtualbox config files and disk images are replicated from primary node to
a secondary node using DRBD, then when secondary node is promoted to
primary then the same VMs (as on primary) can be safely brought up in
crash-consistent manner on new primary.

If anyone has experimented this earlier or any pointers that DRBD can be
successfully used to backup & restore VirtualBox VMs, will be a of great
help.

--Raman