[DRBD-user] drbd-9.0.10 & drbd-utils-9.2.0

Roland Kammerer roland.kammerer at linbit.com
Fri Dec 22 15:17:39 CET 2017

Hi,

DRBD 9.0.10 and DRBD Utils 9.2.0 are out. There have not been any
changes to the kernel part since rc2. Utils got increased VCS support
and a minor bugfix in drbdmon. Let me quote Phil's announcement for rc1
as a recap what changed:

On Tue, Dec 05, 2017 at 02:29:26PM +0100, Philipp Reisner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In this development cycle we could look at a bug that was known
> for some time but needed a few calm weeks to be understood and
> fixed. So, no more resyncs that stuck near the end (~95%)
>
> On the side of new features: The quorum feature got advanced a
> lot and is now usable with pacemaker. It is very nice way how
> data-divergence (aka split-brain) can be completely avoided without
> building proper fencing infrastructure!!
> It is only applicable if you have the DRBD resource on at least 3 nodes.
>
> Last not least, with Linux-4.11 upstream introduced a bio operation
> that escaped our attention. The result is drbd-9.0.x (x <= 9) OOPSes
> on kernel 4.x (x >= 11). That is cured with drbd-9.0.10.

drbd
9.0.10-1 (api:genl2/proto:86-112/transport:14)
--------
 * Fix resync of two secondary nodes in the presence of a 3rd node that is
   primary (maybe with disk or diskless); Fixed the race condition that
   caused the resync to sometimes not terminate
 * Improve connection behavior with autopromote enable one node Primary and
   udev present. The problem was that if udev opens the device on the
   Secondary side "in the right moment" the connection attempt was
   aborted. Fixed that by waiting until udev closes the device
   again. Improves connect speed!
 * Fix in memory alignment of DRBD's struct bio. Got offseted by one due to a
   buggy compat code. Only affects architectures that choke on unaligned
   word accesses. I.e. Power and ARM not x86_64.
 * Improve the quorum implementation, so that is works nicely with for the
   purpose of replacing fencing with quorum in a Pacemaker setup. Quorum
   lost affects the completion status of writes in flight; Quorum state is
   visible to user-space; a new meta-data flags quorum-lost to handle a
   corner case
 * Ensure compatibility with upstream Linux kernel 4.14

http://www.linbit.com/downloads/drbd/9.0/drbd-9.0.10-1.tar.gz
https://github.com/LINBIT/drbd-9.0/tree/drbd-9.0.10

drbd-utils
9.2.0
--------
 * Japanese man pages
 * initial vertias cluster agent support
 * quorum integration (including agents)
 * improve drbd9 (mesh)/drbd-proxy integration
 * pull fixups from 9.1.1 branch
 * switch to github
 * drbdmon: page naviagation/quorum
 * debian: add mount as dependency