[DRBD-user] drbd-9.0.10rc1 & drbd-utils-9.2.0rc1

Roberto Resoli roberto at resolutions.it
Thu Dec 14 20:02:11 CET 2017

Il 14 dicembre 2017 15:33:36 CET, Roland Kammerer <roland.kammerer at linbit.com> ha scritto:
>On Thu, Dec 14, 2017 at 03:03:22PM +0100, Roberto Resoli wrote:
>> I will try to resume in the proposed patch to README.md my findings,
>> while waiting for rc2.
>
>As I already wrote, we don't want to maintain that information for all
>and every distribution. For example there are ones out there that don't
>have dh-systemd, so that would be the first extra-rule. If it is there,
>people expect it works and is up to date. And there are *many*
>exceptions. Believe me, I wrote (parts)/know our build system. It does
>not make it easier to have a very minimal version in the README.md that
>worked for your use case. It will never be complete, it will outdate.
>Sorry, but don't expect me to merge that. And without speaking for the
>others in the team, don't expect anyone from us to merge that.

Ok, I agree. My intent was not to create a sort of "copy and paste" guide to follow blindly, but just some hint for persons like me, having some experience and just to avoid them wasting time in trial and errors.

README.md is there just for that, in most cases, and not for providing an exaustive guide.

>Write a blog post, maintain a wiki, fork the users-guide, whatever fits
>you, but I don't won't that. Not in the users-guide, not in the project
>sources.

Mmm. I will wait an answer to what I wrote before. In absence, I will not waste my time furtherly (this list is a sort of documentation anyway).

Bye,
rob