[DRBD-user] configure online verification speed?

Julius Dittmar Julius.Dittmar at eureca.de
Tue Dec 5 09:29:54 CET 2017

Hi,

I'm surprised online verification takes so terribly long and wonder if
perhaps I can influence that.

A week ago, our biggest drbd volume got into big trouble. A complete
rebuild of one of the drives was necessary. After half a day that
rebuild was finished.

I then decided to do a verify for all our drbd volumes, one at a time. I
started with a volume 1/10 in size. Now, 5 days later, 65% of that
volume have been verified. That's about factor 200 (!) in time as
compared to the rebuild.

Any hints on what I could do to speed that up?

Thanks for any hints,

Julius

PS: drbd version 9.0.8