[DRBD-user] [DRBD] DRBD resource works until fence is used

Octavian Ciobanu coctavian1979 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 19:45:52 CEST 2017

Hello all.

I've encountered the following issue.

I have a DRBD resource that is set as a Master/Slave Resource in a
Pacemaker cluster and it works as it should. I've added fencing to
Pacemaker cluster and it works but when I add the fencing parameters to
DRBD resource config file the DRBD complains that it is not fining the
resource file in /etc/drbd.conf. If I comment or remove the fence
parameters from DRBD resource file the resource gets back to working
condition.

In DRBD resource file, located in /etc/drbd.d/, I've added on fencing
resource-only; to disk directive and fence-peer
"/usr/lib/drbd/crm-fence-peer.sh"; after-resync-target
"/usr/lib/drbd/crm-unfence-peer.sh"; to handlers directive inside resource
directive. (Followed instructions from DRBD 9 manual).

Any info that might help in fixing this is welcome.

Best regards and thank you in advance for help
Octavian Ciobanu