[DRBD-user] DRBD Dual Primary + GFS2 for redundant KVM hosts

Gionatan Danti g.danti at assyoma.it
Sat Aug 26 14:14:34 CEST 2017

Il 26-08-2017 13:56 Yannis Milios ha scritto:
> Have you considered a HA NFS over a 2-node DRBD8 cluster ? Should work
> well on most hypervisors (qcow2,raw,vmdk based).
>
> Yannis

Hi Yannis, yes, I considered that.
However, as this would be a converged setup (ie: virtual machines run on
the same node exporting the storage), this would require a loopback NFS
mount. From what I know, this is (was?) discouraged due to possible
livelock on the NFS kernel process.

Thanks.

--
Danti Gionatan