[DRBD-user] DRBD Dual Primary + GFS2 for redundant KVM hosts

Remolina, Diego J dijuremo at aerospace.gatech.edu
Fri Aug 25 21:46:29 CEST 2017

Danti,

Have you considered using something other than drbd for VM disk storage? Glusterfs for example is really good for that. You may want to give it a try. You should look at enabling sharding from the get-go to speed up heals when a node goes down.

I would not use Glusterfs for a file server as it's performance is abysmal dealing with lots of small files. I would definitively use DRBD for a file server as it is great in handling lots of small files whereas Glusterfs is horrible. But for VMs, I think gluster offers many niceties, easy to setup, good performance, no need to deal with GFS2, etc.

HTH,

Diego