[DRBD-user] DRBD9, ZFS storage plugin and PVE snapshot/clones integration

Roberto Resoli roberto at resolutions.it
Wed Aug 23 09:14:39 CEST 2017

Il 06/03/2017 11:23, Yannis Milios ha scritto:
> Hello,
>
> First, excuse me if this question is not related to DRBD devs, but I
> wasn't sure where else I should ask for.
> I'm testing DRBD9 ZFS storage plugin on a 3 node PVE cluster.
> So far everything work flawlessly and I believe that DRBD9 with ZFS make
> a great pair!

This is really interesting, have you some reference link at hand?

> However I was wondering if there are any plans to integrate the
> drbdmanage-snapshot and drbdmanage-restore commands on PVE gui.
>  I'm asking because after having a dozen or more VMs it becomes
> overwhelming to manage snapshots and clones via drbdmange cli interface.
> I asked on PVE forum first, where they replied that I should ask here
> since that's a part of DRBD9 storage plugin development.

This is a more general issue about the future of drbd9 in Proxmox
environment. Now that DRBD9 is no more supported by Proxmox, even as a
technology preview, many of us, Proxmox DRBD users (i guess) are asking
themselves about the future of DRBD9 Proxmox integration (which is still
in his infancy).

I am planning to switch to Proxmox v5, and I have to take a decision.
DRBD9 fits really well in my scenario (small 3 nodes cluster), and I'm
reluctant to abandon it.

Some hint from DRBD people about the future of Proxmox integration would
be really appreciated.

Thanks,
rob