[DRBD-user] Docker socket crashing

Roland Kammerer roland.kammerer at linbit.com
Mon Aug 14 11:40:30 CEST 2017

On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 10:56:30PM +0000, James Bland wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there anything I can do my end to make this work or is it maybe an
> incompatibility between the docker plugin and the latest versions of
> drbdmanage?

Please do the following:

- drbdmanage shutdown -q (on all nodes)
- install drbdmanage 0.99.9
- start all the nodes by activating them via dbus (like "drbdmanage nodes"
  on all nodes, or the docker-plugin, which also starts up drbdmanage
  via dbus).
- for this bug it isn't required to update the docker plugin itself.

This only affected the client-helper class, which is used by the docker
plugin and very recent versions of the openstack plugin. The command
line client, open nebula and the proxmox plugin are not affected by
that, 0.99.8 is fine for them, they directly use the command line client
or directly call the dbus API.

> I see that the docker plugin hasn’t been updated for a while.

Not necessarily a bad thing. The plugin is a relatively small wrapper
that talks to docker via a versioned API and calls drbdmanage
functionality via this client-helper class that drbdmanage provides. So
if docker does not break or deprecate its API and we do not break our
internal one, there is no need for an update of the docker plugin
itself.

Regards, rck