[DRBD-user] DRBD Won't Compile in RHEL7.4

Jay Smith - NOAA Federal jay.smith at noaa.gov
Thu Aug 3 21:47:28 CEST 2017

I upgraded one of my servers to RHEL7.4 yesterday. Because the kernel
changed, I needed to recompile DRBD. This failed.

After the first failure, I deleted my /usr/src/drbd-8.4 directory and
followed the "git download" instructions in the DRBD User's Guide to obtain
a fresh copy of drbd-8.4.10-1. Then, as user root in the new
/usr/src/drbd-8.4 directory, I ran the following command:
make clean all 2>&1 | tee make.log
which failed.

Not knowing how much has changed between DRBD 8.x and 9.x, I checked out a
clean copy of DRBD 9.0.8 and tried to compile it. Unfortunately, that
failed exactly the same way as DRBD 8.x compile effort did.

Some system info:
The output of "cat /etc/redhat-release" is: Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server
release 7.4 (Maipo)
The output of "uname -srvmpio" is: Linux 3.10.0-693.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Thu
Jul 6 19:56:57 EDT 2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
The version of gcc is: 4.8.5-16.el7
The version of the kernel is: 3.10.0-693.el7

I am able to use DRBD on this newly upgraded server by booting with the
previous kernel (version 3.10.0-514.26.2.el7), but this is not a viable
long-term solution.

The log file I created when attempting to compile, make.log, is attached.

If there is any other information you need from me, please email. Thanks in
advance for any help you can provide.

--
Jay Smith
Information Technology Officer