[DRBD-user] DRBD9&Pacemaker

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Thu Sep 29 14:05:26 CEST 2016

On Wed, Sep 28, 2016 at 02:22:07PM -0400, Digimer wrote:
> On 28/09/16 10:53 AM, Lars Ellenberg wrote:
> > On Fri, Sep 23, 2016 at 05:16:32PM +0800, mzlld1988 wrote:
> >> Hello, everyone
> >>
> >> I have a question about using DRBD9 with pacemaker 1.1.15 .
> >>
> >> Does DRBD9 can be used in pacemaker?
> >
> > Not in a sane way, no.
> > Not yet, anyways.
> > Various bits an pieces missing.
>
> Is there a time line for expected support?

If two-node setup is "good enough" for you, you could use 9 already
(with some tweaks to the resource agent script).  But why would you,
that's a perfectly good setup for the still more robust 8.4.

With three or more nodes, the most prominent missing piece is proper
integration with fencing.  Like the OP figured out: DRBD 9 with enabled
fencing policies currently does not "behave" properly.
I'm working on that.

--
: Lars Ellenberg
: LINBIT | Keeping the Digital World Running

DRBD® and LINBIT® are registered trademarks of LINBIT
__
please don't Cc me, but send to list -- I'm subscribed