[DRBD-user] Drbd/pacemaker active/passive san failover

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Tue Sep 20 17:37:45 CEST 2016

On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 05:17:53PM +0200, Marco Marino wrote:
> As told by Lars Ellenberg, one first problem with the configuration
> http://pastebin.com/r3N1gzwx
> is that on-io-error should be
> on-io-error call-local-io-error;
> and not detach. Furthermore, in the configuration there is also another
> error:
> fencing should be
> fencing resource-and-stonith;
> and not resource-only.
>
> But I don't understand (again) why the secondary node becomes diskless
> (UpToDate -> Failed and then Failed -> Diskless).

Your log, if I got that right, showed
Sep  7 19:55:19 iscsi2 kernel: end_request: I/O error, dev sdb, sector 685931856
Sep  7 19:55:19 iscsi2 kernel: block drbd1: write: error=-5 s=685931856s
Sep  7 19:55:19 iscsi2 kernel: block drbd1: disk( UpToDate -> Failed )

For some reason the disk on that node reported an IO error.
Maybe coincidence, maybe not, but that's what happened.
And DRBD acted accordingly.

> I'd like to do one (stupid) example: if I have 2 nodes with 1 disk for
> each node used as backend for a drbd resource and one of these disks
> fails, nothing should happen on the secondary node.....

Right. But if on the secondary, the backend is broken as well,
then it will detach there as well.

*Why* it was broken as well, that's for you to find out.

--
: Lars Ellenberg
: LINBIT | Keeping the Digital World Running

DRBD® and LINBIT® are registered trademarks of LINBIT
__
please don't Cc me, but send to list -- I'm subscribed