[DRBD-user] drbd9 volume resize question

Anton Dmitrenok dabih at yandex.ru
Thu May 19 10:49:19 CEST 2016

Hello,

May somebody tell me, how to correctly resize drbd9 volume? I've tried "drbdmanage resize" command but it gives "Error: Not enough free space". I'm confused.

there are my steps:
1. resize LV drbdpool on each node (1Gb added):

[root at node1 ~]# vgs
  VG       #PV #LV #SN Attr   VSize VFree
  drbdpool   2   3   0 wz--n- 1,99g 1020,00m
  ol         1   2   0 wz--n- 9,51g   40,00m
[root at node2 ~]# vgs
  VG       #PV #LV #SN Attr   VSize VFree
  drbdpool   2   3   0 wz--n- 1,99g 1020,00m
  ol         1   2   0 wz--n- 9,51g   40,00m

2. update pool with "drbdmanage update-pool". so the "drbdmanage list-nodes" show 1Gb Pool Free space.

[root at node2 ~]# drbdmanage list-nodes
+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Name  | Pool Size | Pool Free |                                                                    | State |
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| node1 |      2040 |      1020 |                                                                    |    ok |
| node2 |      2040 |      1020 |                                                                    |    ok |
+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

3. I've tried "drbdmanage resize" command, but get the error:

[root at node2 ~]# drbdmanage resize data 0 2000M
Error: Not enough free space

(smaller sizes like 1200,1500 etc, gives the same error)

there is volume info:
[root at node2 ~]# drbdmanage list-volumes
| Name | Vol ID | Size | Minor |                                                                     | State |
| data |      0 | 1010 |   100 |                                                                     |    ok |

I didn't find any info in documentation, so asking here. But if I miss something, please give me the link.

Thank you.

---
Anton.