[DRBD-user] DRBD server not become as primary and sync data from other one after reboot.

Pratip Ghosh pratip.ghosh at planwell.com
Sat May 7 12:44:52 CEST 2016

Hello Guys,

I am a new user in this group and need some urgent help.

I am trying to configure HA storage using DRBD with OCFS2 on Ubuntu
14.04 at AWS EC2 instance. I configured both server as primary. If I
shutdown one server and start again it will automatically become primary
after booting process and have up-to date data in both servers, but if I
reboot any one server it was not connecting again as a primary after
booting process and showing following status in both servers. I have
restarted DRBD service in both server one by one but having same issue.
Can anyone guide me one this?

Server1
=====
root at drbd01:~# service drbd status
drbd driver loaded OK; device status:
version: 8.4.3 (api:1/proto:86-101)
srcversion: 6551AD2C98F533733BE558C
m:res  cs          ro               ds                 p mounted  fstype
0:r0   StandAlone  Primary/Unknown  UpToDate/DUnknown  r-----

Server2
=====
root at drbd02:~# service drbd status
drbd driver loaded OK; device status:
version: 8.4.3 (api:1/proto:86-101)
srcversion: 6551AD2C98F533733BE558C
m:res  cs          ro               ds                 p mounted  fstype
0:r0   StandAlone  Primary/Unknown  UpToDate/DUnknown  r-----

Regards,
Pratip Ghosh