[DRBD-user] Split brain auto recovery with DRBD9

Mark Wu wudx05 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 15:43:23 CET 2016

Hi guys,

According to http://drbd.linbit.com/users-guide-9.0/s-dual-primary-mode.html,
 DRBD-9.1 will support multiple primaries.  I am wondering if it can also
enhance the auto reovery from split brain. It seems that currently we don't
have a good solution of recoverying from split brain without data loss when
dual primary is configured. I think it will be good to have a policy to
merge all up-to-date data.

I am considering to build a storage pool by aggregating remote drbd volumes
into a VG and then any client can write to LV created in the VG. This
solution can remove the limitation of single host's storage capacity when
thin provisioning is enabled.
If thin-provisioning is enabled with drbdmanage, the new-added storage
servers can't help the node which runs out of storage space.

That's why I care about the case of multiple primaries. Thanks for any
feedback!