[DRBD-user] performance issues during a resync

Louis Munro lmunro at inverse.ca
Tue Jun 28 20:39:53 CEST 2016

> On Jun 28, 2016, at 13:58 , Matt Kereczman <matt at linbit.com> wrote:
>
> You might want to make sure your version of 8.4.5 includes this commit:
> http://git.drbd.org/drbd-8.4.git/commit/27ed4f3ca752b9bcc37d16edbb2791e626ab203d

Interesting.
I thought my problem was that the output buffer was full:

"DRBD’s protocol A is asynchronous, but the writing application will block as soon as the socket output buffer is full (see the sndbuf-size option in drbd.conf(5)). In that event, the writing application has to wait until some of the data written runs off through a possibly small bandwidth network link."

So if I understand this correctly, the issue could be that my primary hadn’t received the ACK for the block and was rewriting it (as is frequent for a database).
Is there any way I could ascertain whether that is the case before I recompile and reinstall (which is no trivial matter for that database)?

Thank you for your help,
--
Louis Munro