[DRBD-user] Auto split-brain commands --common problem

Urban Larsson ul at seait.se
Mon Jun 27 15:29:49 CEST 2016

Good day,

When adding the following command with the --common (global_common config) parameters for auto split-brain recovery:
                             drbdmanage net-options --common --after-sb-0pri discard-zero-changes --after-sb-1pri discard-secondary --after-sb-2pri disconnect

We get the following error in the syslog when it detects split brain on "after-sb-0pri":
kernel: [20366.748081] drbd vm-100-disk-1 pve1: incompatible after-sb-0pri settings

If we instead set the option on the resource vm-100-disk-1:
                             drbdmanage net-options --resource vm-100-disk-1 --after-sb-0pri discard-zero-changes --after-sb-1pri discard-secondary --after-sb-2pri disconnect

It is now working and we get no error messages in syslog.

DRBD version:
root at pve1:~# dpkg -l | grep drbd
drbd-utils                                    8.9.6-1                        amd64        RAID 1 over TCP/IP for Linux (user utilities)
drbdmanage                              0.96-1                         amd64        Distributed configuration management for DRBD

We are running Proxmox VE 4.2 with the latest updates.

Can this be a bug on how the command gets translated from the global_common config?

Regards,
Urban