[DRBD-user] Proxmox 4.2 with DRBD9 (.drbdctrl Primary/Secondary)

Robert Altnoeder robert.altnoeder at linbit.com
Fri Jun 10 13:27:15 CEST 2016

The original poster suggested that there is a bug, the statement was:

> Ok LinBit found a bug that was causing DRBD9 not to work.
> You will find you get pending actions or DBus error when
> using drbdmanage. To resolve this set:
> Set Volume 0 & 1 to secondary.  If set to Primary it breaks.
> This could be just with the code on Proxmox 4.2.

This statement is probably incorrect, because as far as I am aware, we
did not identify a bug, neither in DRBD nor in Proxmox 4.2, that caused
the .drbdctrl resource to be explicitly set to Primary.

However, since I don't know which scripts there are in Proxmox and
whether any of them explicitly change the Primary/Secondary status of
any resources, I noted that if there is a script in place, and if that
script has a bug, then the result may be the explicit setting of the
.drbdctrl resource to Primary.

I also added in my full statement that we do currently not have any
evidence of such a bug.

> It might be the case that it had been set to Primary by accident,
> e.g. by a buggy script in Proxmox 4.2 (however, I am not
> aware of such a bug as of today) or by running something
> like 'drbdadm primary all'.

Apparently, the .drbdctrl resource was explicitly set to Primary mode on
a user's Proxmox 4.2 installation, but the reason for this could not be
determined from the syslog.

--
Robert Altnoeder
DRBD - Corosync - Pacemaker