[DRBD-user] Problems getting Satellite node working (debian testing)

Wed Jun 8 05:14:07 CEST 2016

 From my previous thread which started talking about problems compiling
the kernel module, now talking about problems with a satellite node.

On 08/06/16 00:14, Roland Kammerer wrote:
>> >it seems my satellite node can't connect to any other nodes...
> They don't connect, they listen for connections from their control node.
>
>> >This is one of the other nodes:
> For all list-* commands, use the "-p" option, it generates
> readable/pastable output for mailing lists/bug reports.
>
> To make sure the satellite node starts as satellite, add this to
> /etc/drbdmanaged.cfg:
> ctrl-volume-access-mode = satellite
>
> Then "drbdmanage restart -q" on the satellite
Did that and got this:
root at xen6:/etc# drbdmanage restart -q
ERROR:dbus.proxies:Introspect error on :1.5:/interface:
dbus.exceptions.DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply:
Message recipient disconnected from message bus without replying
Attempting to startup the server through D-Bus activation...
ERROR:dbus.proxies:Introspect error on :1.6:/interface:
dbus.exceptions.DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply:
Message recipient disconnected from message bus without replying

D-Bus connection FAILED -- the D-Bus server may have been unable to activate
the drbdmanage service.
Review the syslog for error messages logged by the D-Bus server
or the drbdmanage server.

Looks like it isn't running on the satellite node properly.
> On the control node (you find it with):
> drbdmanage list-nodes -s CTRL_Node
> execute:
> drbdmanage restart -q
>
> Then the control node should connect to the satellite and send it the
> necessary information.
I guess this doesn't make any difference until the above problem is
fixed. I did it anyway, and it just said it was restarted ok.

Thanks,
Adam

--
Adam Goryachev Website Managers www.websitemanagers.com.au