[DRBD-user] DRBD 9 multiple nodes for horizontal scale?

tecforte jason tecforte.jason at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 04:48:19 CEST 2016

Dear all,

I'm new to drbd, much appreciate if someone able to clear my question on
DRBD 9.
May i know the multiple node is considered as replica node or horizontal
scale node ? what is the difference between the primary node with satellite
node ?

refer to the documentation, DRBD 9 can support  up to 1000 nodes. can i
treat the satellite node as extending the storage not mean by replica
usage.

if let said in the beginning i have 2 nodes each with 1TB, i add another 1
node to each of this primary node as satellite node, can i assume my
storage now become 2 TB for each primary node ?

Thanks.
Jason