[DRBD-user] drbd ping-timeout problem

guihecheng at cmss.chinamobile.com guihecheng at cmss.chinamobile.com
Thu Jul 21 07:08:35 CEST 2016

Hi all,
we are testing drbd.

We have 500 nodes, two nodes as a drbd pair(primary/secondary).
Several days ago, we encounter a problem:
            PingAck did not arrive in time
And I wondered whether it is a configuration problem.
I considered the parameter 'ping-timeout' to be suspicious.
Then I made it to 5s instead of the default 500ms, and used command
            drbdadm adjust all
to drive it to work.
The problem had gone!

Do you have any suggestion on the value of 'ping-timeout'? 5s is enough? or 10s? or it depends on the network?

Thanks,
Gui

guihecheng at cmss.chinamobile.com