[DRBD-user] DRBD9 on Centos7.2: ERROR:dbus.proxies:Introspect error

Roland Kammerer roland.kammerer at linbit.com
Sun Jul 17 22:55:44 CEST 2016

On Sun, Jul 17, 2016 at 07:28:16AM -0500, T.J. Yang wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am learning DRBD9 using Centos 7.2(See R1 gdoc).
>
> All the latest rpm had been created and deployed on test node A,B,C.
>
> Currently I am stuck at not able to add second node with following error
>
> Please provide pointer where I might did wrong.
>
> [root at centos7A ~]# drbdmanage add-node centos7B 192.168.42.130
>
> Operation completed successfully
>
> Operation completed successfully
>
> Executing join command using ssh.
>
> IMPORTANT: The output you see comes from centos7B
>
> IMPORTANT: Your input is executed on centos7B
>
> You are going to join an existing drbdmanage cluster.
>
> CAUTION! Note that:
>
>  * Any previous drbdmanage cluster information may be removed
>
>  * Any remaining resources managed by a previous drbdmanage installation
>
>    that still exist on this system will no longer be managed by drbdmanage
>
> Confirm:
>
>  yes/no: yes
>
> ERROR:dbus.proxies:Introspect error on :1.39:/interface:
> dbus.exceptions.DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not
> receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not
> send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply
> timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
>
> Error: Cannot connect to the drbdmanaged process using DBus
>
> The DBus subsystem returned the following error description:
>
> org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not receive a reply. Possible
> causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message
> bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the
> network connection was broken.
>
> Error: Attempt to execute the join command remotelyfailed
>
> Join command for node centos7B:
>
> drbdmanage join -p 6999 192.168.42.130 1 centos7A 192.168.42.129 0
> kOSMSN72ywYj+wGBogHG

Just in case: You can get the "join" command for your node centos7B when
you execute "drbdmanage howto-join centos7B".

I would do the following:
- Check if the control-volume on centos7A is up ("drbdsetup status
  .drbdctrl")
- Make sure the drbdmanage process is stopped on centos7B ("drbdmanage
  shutdown -q"). Make sure it is stopped (ps aux && kill if necessary).
- Enter the "join" command you got on centos7A for the node centos7B on
  centos7B

Regards, rck