[DRBD-user] DRBD9: Enable ZFS pool?

Christiaan den Besten chris at prolocation.net
Fri Jul 8 16:48:58 CEST 2016

Hi list !

Can someone sched some light on how to enable storage plugins; or more specific the ZFS plugin.

An online search won't give me more hits then the 4.4 section of the manual.

Steps done:

* Configure 3 VMs with CentOS 7 (7.2.1511), DRBD 9.0.2-1 and drbdmanage 0.96.1
* Build a 3-node cluster through drbdmanage with a 1G 'drbdpool' VG for the control volumes.
* Add ZFS to the VMs (zfs-0.6.5.7) through the ZFSonLinux repo.
* Add a 200G zfs pool (named 'zfspool') to each node (seperate disk).
* ran 'drbdmanage modify-config --node (node name)' on each node and set :

[GLOBAL]
storage-plugin = drbdmanage.storage.zvol.Zvol

[Node:drbd{1-3}.lab.brahmslaan.nl]

[Plugin:Zvol]
volume-group = zfspool
zvol-path = /sbin
dev-path = /dev/zvol

* ran 'drbdmanage reconfigure'

But still 'drbdmanage list-nodes' only shows the 3x 1G 'drbdpool' VG usable for new volumes.

Is there any more documentation somewhere to be found on how to configure the storage plugins ?

--
Met vriendelijke groet,
Christiaan den Besten - Prolocation B.V.

T: +31 (0)70 - 326 04 25