[DRBD-user] nfs for VMs hosting

Gandalf Corvotempesta gandalf.corvotempesta at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 19:36:40 CEST 2016

Anyone using drbd to export an high available volume with nfs for virtual
machine hosting?

Currently i have 2 or 3 supermicro servers with 12 SAS 15k disks each.
I would like to use them as nfs server where store VM images

Any suggestions?
Should i create a big raid10 with 12 disks? Multiple raid1 merged with lvm?
A raid6?

I'm open to suggestions. I need the maximum availability and data
protection.