[DRBD-user] Drbdmanage resize procedure

Den drbdsys at made.net
Tue Jul 5 14:47:42 CEST 2016

Dear DRBD users,

I'm testing a proxmox VE 4.2-2 three-node cluster, with drbdmanage
0.96-1 and LVM thick storage plugin

I made a resize with drbdmanage by this command:
drbdmanage resize-volume vm-100-disk-1 0 20GiB

All done without errors. Before entering the command, the VM was OFF and
drbd in secondary/secondary status.
I noticed that the drbdmanage resource file was updated on the secondary
host but not on the primary. With a node reboot  the file was updated.

But I read that this is the offical procedure:
http://www.drbd.org/en/doc/users-guide-90/s-resizing

I tried this way but I need to manually modify the "size=" on the
drbdmanage resource files and a "drbdadm adjust", before the "drbdadm
resize" command and after lvresize on both nodes

But I also read that is dangerous to make changes to drbdmanage resource
files, as they will be overwritten

So what is the right way to resize?

Thank you
Den