[DRBD-user] Pool free report by drbdmanage can't be trust

Julien Escario escario at azylog.net
Fri Jan 29 11:08:47 CET 2016

Le 25/01/2016 15:19, Julien Escario a écrit :
> So I'm wondering how and when 'pool free' value is calculated. Is it
> recalculated only when a new ressource is created ? deleted ?
>
> Is there a way to force it to rescan free space ? (with a dbus command perhaps ?)
>
> That could perhaps be done by a cron job running at defined frequency ?

Finally found the solution (thanks to Urban Larsson from Sweden) :

Simply run drbdmanage update-pool as cronjob frequently to keep a trace of thin
allocation ON EVERY NODE (it only updates the running node's free space).

Not really a greate workaround but it might do the job for now.

This opens another question for thin allocation on SyncTarget(s) but that's
another thread.

Best regards,
Julien Escario